- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Why Diagnosing Cancer in its Early Stage is Important?
Diagnosing cancer in its early stage ensures the best cancer cure for the patients. Any persisting symptoms need to be investigated with diagnostic tests.
Screening tests are recommended for patients who have no symptoms but are at a high risk of suffering from cancer due to age, habits like tobacco & alcohol, family history, certain viral infection or certain occupations. Please keep in mind that prevention of cancer is better than cure and this can be accomplished through regular cancer diagnostics from an accredited physician/cancer doctor.
At Horizon Cancer Care, we provide an efficient pathway for the detection of cancer in its infancy with minimal screening tests and delays in treatment.
How Cancer Diagnosis is Done at Horizon Cancer Care
Before the actual cancer diagnosis, our expert cancer consultants will have a 1-to-1 personalized interaction with the patient to understand the patient's overall health and examine the symptoms of cancer. Post physical examination, the patient will be made to undergo a series of relevant tests to confirm whether the underlying problem is cancer or not.
In the niche area of cancer diagnostics, you will find a plethora of techniques for diagnosing the same type of cancer. This is where Horizon cancer care provides you with a fast-track efficient path to reach a timely diagnosis by world-class diagnostics thus avoiding delay in treatment.
Four Types of Tests to Detect & Diagnose Cancer:
Biopsy and Genetic Testing:
When conducting a Biopsy Test, your physician will collect samples from you for testing in the laboratory. While there are many methods for collecting biopsy samples, your physician will select one that’s perfect for you. The choice of the right biopsy technique along with the right molecular studies and analysis helps in the definitive diagnosis of cancer.
This is where our experienced expert pathology service comes into the picture. It forms the backbone of our advanced cancer facility.
Pathology Services at Horizon
- Pap smear/HPV testing
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC)
- Painless biopsy of Tumor without cut or operation
- Immuno -Histochemistry (IHC)
- Molecular & genetic tests: FISH / PCR /NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)
Imaging (Radiology) Tests:
Imaging Tests allow the physician to take images of cancer affected areas by non-invasive procedures for analyzing to what extent cancer has spread inside the organs.
Please keep in mind that holistic and comprehensive treatment is what you need to get an effective cure for cancer.
Types of Imaging Tests:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- XRay & Fluoroscopy
- Nuclear Medicine:
- Technetium Bone scan
- PET CT scan: FDG/F18/Gallium/PSMA/DOPA
This technique is perfect for diagnosing ulcerative growths associated with gastrointestinal, airway, and urinal passages. Thanks to the advancements in endoscopic technology today physicians are able to access difficult to reach areas for tumor biopsy and to assess the extent of disease.
- Upper GI Endoscopy (OGD)
- Endo Ultrasound (EUS)
Certain cancers can be diagnosed by testing blood for tumor markers, which are substances that are produced by cancer cells at much higher levels than normal cells. We have elaborative cancer-related lab tests
- Alpha-fetoProtein (AFP): Liver/germ cell tumors
- Beta-HCG: Choriocarcinoma and germ cell tumor
- CA19-9: Pancreatic, gallbladder, gastric cancers
- CA-125: Ovarian cancer
- CA 27.29: Breast cancer
- Calcitonin: Medullary thyroid cancer
- Other Biochemical Tests…
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA): Colorectal / MTC / liver cancers
- Chromogranin A (CgA): Neuroendocrine tumors
- Neuron-specific enolase (NSE): Lung cancer and neuroblastoma
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA): Prostate cancer
- Thyroglobulin: Thyroid cancer
Why Choose Horizon Cancer Care Diagnostics
- Associated with the most advanced high-end imaging facilities
- Highest quality investigations
- Access to advanced molecular & genetic tests
- Experience senior pathologists to diagnose any kind of cancer
- Personalized Cancer Diagnostics
- Avant-garde Biopsy, Endoscopy, & Image Testing Equipment
- Accurate Results
- Preferred destiny for those with unclear/ ambiguous pathological diagnosis in any type of tumor