- Monday-Friday 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Saturday 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Phone: 91 40 4952 9463
Ask the Experts
Swallowing difficulties and unexplained weight loss are signs of oesophageal (food pipe) illness. Esophagus can be affected with benign tumors like leiomyoma or cancers. Smokers, alcoholics, obese and those who consume very hot beverages are at an increased risk of developing precancerous alterations (Barrett's esophagus) and esophageal malignancies.
Unfortunately, most oesophageal cancers are not detected and treated in time. Horizon offers superior endoscopic technology for detecting esophageal cancer in people who are at risk. Eg: Barrett’s esophagus.
State of the Art Screening & Diagnostic Facilities at Horizon:
- Upper GI endoscopy with narrow-band imaging (NBI) and biopsy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) and Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) for precancerous or early cancerous lesions
- Endoscopic sub mucosal dissection (ESD) For benign tumors, are used.
- CT/PET scans for staging cancer.
Combined Treatment for Esophageal Cancer
Esophageal cancer treatment is not a one-size-fits-all method. Unless the cancer is in its early stages, most treatment options include preoperative (neoadjuvant) therapy, which includes a mix of radiation and chemotherapy with the goal of shrinking tumors and improving outcomes.
We perform the following esophagectomy procedures:
- VATS (Very Minimally Invasive Surgery): Operation using a keyhole approach, using the most current equipment and technology, resulting in less pain and a faster recovery.
- Transthoracic: For malignancies that are difficult to remove.
- Trans Hiatal: The esophagus is removed through an abdomen and neck incision in the elderly and those who are physically inactive.
- Lymphadenectomy -2 field & 3 fields: For better cure rates.
Palliative Care: When the food pipe is blocked by advanced cancer, patients cannot swallow the food. In such situations, Horizon Cancer Care provides them with an opportunity to maintain their dietary intake by placing a self-expanding metal stent (SEMS)
Why Choose Horizon Cancer Care
- Meticulous evaluation for planning the best suitable treatment protocol
- Advanced thoracoscopic & laparoscopic equipment with modern operation theatre
- We perform 2 or 3 field Lymphadenectomy to improve cure rates
- Meticulous surgical skills with personalized intraoperative care
- Least postoperative morbidity and best cancer cure rates