- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Gynecologic Cancer Care
Cancers of the cervix, vagina, uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, and peritoneum are the gynecologic cancers that we diagnose and treat.
Horizon Cancer Care offers cutting-edge treatments for all types of gynecologic cancers at all stages, using a multidisciplinary approach to achieve the best cancer cure through rigorous surgical abilities and prompt chemotherapy.
Types of Gynecologic Cancer:
Cervical cancers are preventable by vaccinating (Gardasil/Cervarix) girls in their teens. When cervical cancer is diagnosed early, either by frequent medical examination or by pap tests, the treatment is usually successful with surgery alone.
At Horizon Cancer Care, we offer the best-in-class gynecological cancer services. With the latest technology and decades of experience, we manage cervical cancers with utmost precision, our aim is to bring out the best possible cure.
- Loop electrosurgical excision method (LEEP) or a cone excision (conization) for precancerous lesions.
- Radical Hysterectomy (laparoscopic/ open) for early-stage cancers
- Chemo-radiation (CT+RT) for locally advanced cervical cancers or for early-stage tumors in the elderly who are not suitable for an operation.
Unlike other gynecological cancers, ovarian tumors can affect women of any age. Simple cysts and rarely germ cell cancers are prevalent during adolescence and are treatable. Many women acquire endometrioses and benign ovarian cysts during their reproductive years. Any new lesions after the age of 40 should be suspected of being cancerous.
The majorities of ovarian tumors are noncancerous and can be treated with watchful waiting or an operation (laparoscopic/open surgery). The most dangerous gynecologic malignancy is ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancers that may not cause any symptoms are frequently mild and non-aggressive, especially in the early stages. When they do show up, the cancer is usually found to be advanced.
With over two decades of experience in managing tumors of ovaries, we provide the very best Horizon gynecological cancer services. Surgical Procedures We Provide
- Laparoscopic operations cysts/benign tumors of ovary (laparoscopic /open)
- Ovarian cancer staging operations
- Cytoreductive surgery for ovarian and peritoneal cancers after chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy first approach for locally advanced ovarian cancers.
- HIPEC (Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) For locally advanced ovarian and peritoneal surface cancers.
- Intraperitoneal chemo port and chemotherapy.
Uterus / Endometrial Cancers
Uterus cancers are most commonly seen in women over the age of 50 who have diabetes, hypertension, obesity, or a cancer family history.
Unexpected vaginal bleeding years after menopause is a common symptom. Usually they are detected in early stage and are curable with an operation. Uterine malignancies are classified as either carcinomas or sarcomas and are treated with laparoscopic or open surgery.
Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program at Horizon cancer care
Peritoneum, a thin protective lining membrane covers the inside of abdomen and it’s organs. Cancers involving the peritoneum are known as Peritoneal surface malignancy or Peritoneal carcinomatosis. These are often caused by the spread of cancer cells from preexisting cancer. The most common cancers that cause peritoneal carcinomatosis are:
- Ovarian cancer
- colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic / Appendiceal cancer ( including Pseudomyxoma Peritonei or PMP )
- stomach cancer
- peritoneal mesothelioma
- primary peritoneal carcinoma
Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Treatment
Duet to recent advances in surgical techniques we are now able to provide more treatment options for certain late stage peritoneal Surface cancers than even before.
This complex surgical procedure is a two step process.
- In the first phase of treatment, all the visible tumor in the abdomen is surgical removed, which may include involved organs and peritoneum (CRS: cyto-reductive surgery)
- During the second phase of treatment, a highly concentrated heated chemotherapy solution is circulated in the abdominal cavity to treat any cancer cells that may remain (HIPEC)
Recent studies have shown that CRS/HIPEC is beneficial in prolonging life and improving quality of life for certain late stage gastrointestinal cancers and ovarian cancer. However a proper selection of patient is the key for improved outcomes
At Horizon cancer care, our health care professionals carefully review medical records to determine who may benefit the most with the least amount of risk. We specialize in treating various peritoneal cancers with CRS/HIPEC under Horizon Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program