- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Horizon Cancer Care is a one-stop facility for all types of urological cancers. We provide diagnostics, screening, advanced therapy, and surgical expertise for malignancies of the bladder, kidney, prostate, urethra, genitals, and testes.
Today 70% of patients with kidney tumors are found incidentally during an imaging study (such as an Ultrasound, CT or MRI) done for some other symptoms or on a routine screening. Most kidney tumors are cancerous, but few rare benign tumors are also seen like angiomyolipoma and oncocytoma.
Apart from these, renal cysts are common and do not require treatment. Early kidney tumors are curable.
Localised kidney tumors
After careful meticulous evaluation, Horizon Cancer Care provides the patients with the most suitable treatments for the prevailing condition(s), including the following.
- Active Surveillance: for small indeterminate tumors
- Partial Nephrectomy: only removes tumor & preserves kidney function. Preferable in patients with high blood pressure, diabetes, tumors in both kidneys and only one kidney
- Radical Nephrectomy: complete removal of the kidney, when tumor is large or not suitable for partial nephrectomy.
- Tumor Ablation: those who are unable to undergo surgery with small tumors, can be treated without operation by the following methods. a)-Cryoablation, uses a very cold gas such as liquid nitrogen released through the probe to freeze the cancer cells, killing them. b)-Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), uses radio waves to generate extreme heat in the tumor, thereby destroying it, & c)-Microwave Ablation, uses microwaves to generate the heat necessary to destroy the tumor.
Advanced (metastatic) kidney cancers
Horizon Cancer Care provides hope to metastatic kidney cancer patients with its latest Targeted and Immunotherapy medication.
Prostate cancer is the most prevalent cancer in elderly males, and it normally develops without symptoms before being identified in its advanced stages. It can be detected in the initial stage with a simple blood test- PSA-Prostate specific Antigen.
At Horizon Cancer Care, patients get access to screening, diagnosis, biopsy and treatment for all stages of prostate cancer. With over two decades of experience and a compassionate team of Cancer Specialists, we provide the best-in-class treatment for prostate cancer. We are aware that cancers are best managed when the treatment is based on the stage of cancer.
- Only Watchful Waiting for tiny, asymptomatic, low PSA tumors in the elderly.
- Nerve-Sparing Radical Prostatectomy for fit men with well-localized tumors.
- Combine Hormonal Therapy (HT) and Radiation Therapy (RT) for patients with locally advanced prostate cancer.
Additionally, we offer a wide variety of latest medications to block male hormones apart from Surgical (Orchidectomy -removal of testicles) or Medical (Hormone Therapy) castration to treat widespread metastatic illness. Both hormone-sensitive and castration-resistant prostate cancers are treated at Horizon Cancer Care.
Urinary Bladder Cancer
Sudden painless passage of blood in urine should raise the suspicion of urinary bladder cancer especially in smokers and elderly. Commonly blood in urine can be seen in infections and stones. Immediate urine examination and an ultrasound can suggest a diagnosis. Initially urinary bladder tumors look like fronds floating in the bladder lumen. These are treated endoscopically by a procedure known as TURBT, followed by instillation of chemotherapy medicine inside the bladder. They may need a maintenance intravesical therapy to reduce the chance of recurrences . when the diagnosis is delayed these tumors may invade deep into the muscle wall of bladder which necessitates complete surgical removal of urinary bladder.
- Transurethral Resection of bladder tumors (TUR-BT).
- Intravesical BCG/Chemotherapy to prevent recurrence after TURBT
- Bladder Preservation Therapy: Combining TURBT with chemotherapy and radiation therapy to save the bladder.
- Radical cystectomy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- Urinary diversion or Orthotropic Neobladder are two options for bladder reconstruction.
It's most common in young boys of reproductive age, and it's treatable with a high cure rate. Painless testicular swelling is the most common symptom. We provide individualized care that includes the most up-to-date testicular cancer surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
Treatment options include:
- Orchiectomy (inguinal) radical
- RPLND (Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection) is used to remove nodal residue after chemotherapy.
- Metastasectomy is the surgical removal of metastatic disease
- Latest chemotherapy protocols
The penis, which is part of the urinary system, is affected. Individuals with inadequate genital hygiene and Human Papilloma Virus infections are more likely to develop this condition. If detected early these cancers are curable with partial or total surgical removal.