- Monday-Friday 09:00 - 06:00
Saturday 09:00 - 04:00
Phone: 91-95736 05000
Ask the Experts
Nutrition - Backbone of cancer treatment
What is the Best Diet for Cancer Patients?
Chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and other cancer treatments are indeed stressful for the body. Making healthy eating choices can help cancer patients feel better before, during, and after treatment.
A healthy diet that includes vegetables, fruits, grains, and proteins, allows a person to live a long and healthy life.
Malnutrition in Cancer
- Malnutrition affects about a third of cancer patients.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss are common concerns that lead to delays in starting cancer treatment. Surgery-related stress, chemo medications, and cancer-related inflammation all add to the mix.
- All cancer therapy outcomes can be influenced by malnutrition.
- Reduced muscle mass and reduced muscle function delay wound healing.
- Post-operative complications are more likely to occur.
- Reduces chemotherapeutic tolerance and responsiveness, as well as the likelihood of survival.
Because of all of these aspects, nutrition plays a critical role in cancer treatment that is frequently overlooked.
A good diet boosts the patient's health and speeds up their recuperation.
Top Nutritional Assessment & Dietary Advice
- Internationally standardized nutritional assessment
- Regular BMI and symptom monitoring.
- Nutritional Counseling
- Dietary guidance & advice charts to provide tailored nutritional therapy Oral Supplements & Non-oral therapy where necessary.
- Enhanced recovery after surgery program (ERAS)
Why Choose Horizon Cancer Care?
- Holistic & Comprehensive Cancer Care
- Industry-leading Cancer Physicians
- More than two Decade of Expertise
- Affordable Treatment
- Personalized Treatment
- Expert-recommended diet plans
- Expert nutrition counselling